Marshall Space Flight Center, Huntsville, AL
Target completed asbestos abatement and demolition via implosion of this 11-story, 233,519 SF building. We won this project through a lowest price technically acceptable (LPTA) contracting mechanism.
- Developed plans for accident prevention, health and safety, asbestos abatement, demolition, explosive demolitions, engineering surveys, stormwater pollution prevention, site security and site restoration.
- Completed asbestos abatement of 157,560 SF of floor tile and mastic, 245,850 SF of spray-on fireproofing and 24 other miscellaneous types of ACM, disposing of 1,148 tons of asbestos material.
- Recycled 2,250 tons of structural steel, 60,000 pounds of non-ferrous metals, and 25,000 tons of concrete—achieved a 98% waste diversion rate away from landfills.
- Completed 91,462.75 hours of work with ZERO recordable incidents and no lost time. (This is Target and all subcontractors, Target only 41,216.5 hours)
- Project was completed on schedule and success of implosion was highlighted via multiple media, including ABC News, NY Times, YouTube, Instagram, etc.